Google

Wednesday 17 September 2008

Squash and String Beans Guisado w/ Prawns Recipe

106_9521

This recipe is easy to make. Just follow these simple steps and you can have this yummy vegetable guisado that Pinoys especially Ilocanos really love. Since I'm residing here in UK, I listed here the alternative ingredients . Here's how:

Ingredients:

1 Medium British Squash (Diced)

1 Pack of String Beans

1/2 cup of Medium Prawn, (Peeled and Semi-cooked)

3 Cloves of Garlic, Crushed

1 Medium sized onion, sliced

1 Medium Sized Tomatoes Diced

2 Tbsp of Oil

4-5 tbsp of Anchovy Bagoong or Halubaybay (Alamang)

 

Procedure:

1. In a pan, saute garlic till golden brown.

2. Add onion till it turns transluscent.

3. Put tomatoes stirring constantly then add prawns. Cook for a minimum of 3 minutes in a medium heat. (Don't burn)

4. Add squash. Saute for 3 minutes then add the beans.

5. Seasoned it with bagoong halubaybay or alamang, msg and add at least 3/4 cup of water and bring to boil. Do not put too much water.

6. Serve it in a glass bowl with rice.

Easy! I feel I'm home (Philippines) when I've done this recipe. And so I share a bowl of it to my Pinay neighbor. Cheers!

No comments: